Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Very easy and quick healthy recipes :)

So this is what I ate today ..very healthy, nutritious and gooood :)


BREAKFAST: 
Cereal with:
- organic Sunrise soya milk(with added calcium and vitamins) and oat milk
-Mixed seeds
-1 oatibix
-few chocolate squares
-handful of 'Just Right' cereal with raisins 
-All-bran
-organic puffed millet and puffed rice
-dessicated coconut


ABOUT 1 HOUR LATER:
-Green Tea
-4 banana chunks coated with organic dark chocolate and dessicated coconut:
I'll show you how easy it is to do these: 
You'll need:-


-->Organic dark chocolate bar (we'll be using 1/3 of it for this)
--> 2 pieces foil
--> Dessicated coconut
--> 2bananas


Preparation: 


1.Melt the chocolate



 2. You'll need 2 pieces of foil to cover the plate


 3. Dessicated coconut
 4. 2 bananas
 5.  Cut the bananas in good- sized chunks
 6. Then just dip the banana chunks in the chocolate and sprinkle some coconut on them
When you finish, just cover them with another foil and leave them in the freezer for about an hour and they are ready to eat ! Oh, and if you want to save some for later you can leave them in the freezer for as long as you want :)









...And this is what I ate in the afternoon:
Ingredients: 
-Rice (Tilda rice with lime and coriander)
-2 mushrooms (cooked)
-1 spring onion (cooked with the mushrooms)
- some fresh lemon juice
- cucumber
- 2 carrots
- yellow fin tuna 
- mint
- ginger
- fitness bread (100% wholemeal..it's the REAL bread people! ;) )
-Vitasnella (low fat cottage cheese)
-extra virgin olive oil and some cayenne pepper






I only took half of this plate and shared it with mum because it was too filling haha :)



Now i'll do a smoothie as a pre-work out, before I go for a run ..I'll be using these:
(Note: serves 2)


-1/2 cup coconut milk
-1/2 cup plain natural yogurt
-1 mango
-1 kiwi
-1 apple
-1 banana
- 1/2 cap vanilla extract
- 1 tsp acacia honey
-1/2 cup apple juice


Then as a post work out I'll take a small bowl with oatmeal with ground cinnamon, 1 diced apple and some acacia honey drizzled on top..mmmm it's SO good!! looks something like this :








Then I made this dessert for tomorrow- it's instead of ice cream/granita i.e, a much healthier version ha! :
(I do 3 of these, for my sister, mum and I..they loooove it as much as I do haha! Oh and thanks to this, I never crave ice cream..not anymore!) :D


You SHOULD try it..it tastes amazing (if you love cinnamon as much as I do), plus it's very healthy :)


All you need is:
-Light natural plain yogurt
-1/2 cap organic vanilla extract
-1 tsp acacia honey (instead of using sugar)
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-then just put in the freezer, overnight..done! 




Organic Vanilla Extract:
 Ground cinnamon:
 Ground cinnamon again:
 Organic Acacia Honey:
 Acacia honey again:


 Mix it all up with the natural plain yogurt:



 I like to keep it in the yogurt cup..




Cover with a foil and place in the freezer, overnight: 








No comments: