Friday, September 9, 2011

It's been a looooong time !!





I think it's about time to write a new post haha ! Let me just check when I posted last here.. last Christmas! Shame on meee ! It's been an amazing year so far with university, passing my exams, working as a waitress (which wasn't exactly great but it was an experience), and the best summer ever. Let me try and list down some things I did this summer which for me, was such a perfect one :)

1. So I had this great opportunity to work with foreign students with and english school called EC Malta. I used to take care of the Junior program and I was a social leader. We (the leaders) used to work one day on, one day off and we used to take care of students - the juniors i.e age between 7 and 13. We used to go on activities with them (for free..no actually we get paid for going places haha!) like going to the Water park and swimming with them, swimming in the pool of the residence where the students used to live and going to the beach, parks, shopping , harbour cruises, salsa dancing at night, gym and sooooo much more! Those are some of the activities we used to take our students to and I truly miss this job :( The pay was amazing and I can't wait for next summer to do this experience all over again.

2. So this summer I promised myself to always find time to go for a walk, jog or run and I managed to do that ...and I'm still doing this till today (in fact i'm going again in the evening today) and I'm planning to keep going even when summer finishes and I start 2nd year at university again (nooooooo! I start uni again on the 3rd of october) oh well, we still have a couple of weeks to go yet, thank God! Yeah so anyway, I really took it seriously as from this summer to eat only healthy food and at the right time! Well to tell you the truth the worst thing I did was when I went to eat with my friend Chinese food and I felt So bad eating it...it was all DEEP fried and I realised how much I changed...I couldn't even enjoy the moment of eating at least, I felt so bad and I swore to myself I'll never eat chinese food again..in my life, yes!)
I also bought some great stuff to work out at home and went for some shopping for clothes and shoes for when I go for a walk/ gym/ run/ jog. I spent a lot of money but I use them everyday.
First at the beginning of summer I used to go just for a walk and then maybe jog a bit but now my breath improved much more and I feel WAY much better than at the beginning and now I jog the majority of the time and I run or jog for 2 hours (and walk fast when I get tired). I feel great and I still feel the need to improve everytime and do better than yesterday and I hope I'll keep it up because the feeling you get when you run, and after you finish it's amazing! The more you sweat the better it is since you know you're burning calories and getting better and stronger everytime. I totally suggest you go out and try this, if you don't. First start with a short walk for 30 minutes and by time try something harder. Note: Before you start always make sure you stretch and when you finish your work our, make sure you finish with Cool down which means, the last 5 minutes of your work out should be to decrease your pace slower and slower and when you go back home make sure you shower to relax your muscles again ;)

Anyway so these are the stuff I bought for myself for training and working out:

So these are the Nike Free 3.0...these are so flexible and they are amazing! These are the trainers I'm using lately mostly to jog and run. They are SO comfortable and even though I bought them for 100 euros, they are totally worth the price! I wear them nearly everywhere I go and I love them.
These are just regular trainers I bought which are comfortable as well and they are good as well for running and jogging, but I'll probably be using them more in winter when it's a rainy day when I go for a jog since they would be better for when it rains rather than the Nike Free 3.0 'cause I think the Nike Free wouldn't be good for rainy days..shame :(



This is what I wear most of the time for when I work out! These (by Adidas) are really good for sweating since the back part is specifically designed for sweating, even on the knees on the side and at the back

I also bought a yoga mat, band, resistance ball and a skipping rope - all from a local store called 'The Fitness Corner'- I would spend days in there, I swear I wouldn't mind! I use them everyday and I'm sure I'm going to be using them more frequently in winter when it would be raining, too cold or when I don't have enough time to go for a run, so I have no excuse ha!
I took this picture when I stopped for a small break when I was running , it was sunset and it was so beautiful I had to stop for a minute, or two ;) I'm wearing my Adidas training leggings (what do you call them?) and my watch to keep track of time. It's very similar to an ice watch, the price is just different ha! 'Cause I bought this for 30 euros only and I love it!

I'm wearing my Shape Ups there since I took this before I bought my Nike Free 3.0 ..We still need to work out more ..we need more toning and musclesss :-D
And here are the Shape Ups! They should tone up and burn more calories and improve your posture. They are very comfortable and I think they really work! :D


This is a random photo on a relaxed night, eating out with the family and I'm wearing my Shape Ups :-)




3. I went to Gozo this summer for one whole day with my friends and it was so much fun! Gozo is a near by island close to Malta but it's quieter and it has a bit more greenery than Malta! We went cycling ALL around Gozo in one day and my thighs were killinngggg me and I don't think I sweated so much in my life before cause it was so humid, very sunny and very hot. At least we went for a nice swim afterwards and it felt sooo good! :) it was truly amazing and i'd LOVE to do it again next time! Oh you can see in the pictures, i'm wearing my Nike Free 3.0 trainers :)






4. We also went twice to Comino..it's a very small island close to Malta and it's famous for the amazing colour of the sea..so clear and breath-taking!







These are some of the pictures I took this summer (not even 1/4 of them ha!) but I'll have to stop here cause this post is really looong now. I'll update very soon ..probably tomorrow :-D Take care XXX

No comments: