Saturday, September 4, 2010

Good to know..for everyone!

So yesterday I went to the supermarket with my mum and I'm so glad that I did! So there was a women near us and said to her husband 'don't forget we need to buy rice milk!'. I've heard about rice milk a while ago but me, my mum and my sis always take soya milk instead with our cereal for breakfast and take soya stuff instead of meat. So when we heard this women say about rice milk, we asked her where we could find it and we went all together to compare which milk is the best (health wise). Anyway we told her that we prefer soya and instead she told us how dangerous soya milk is! I was like WHATT?? In the morning the first thing I take in the morning is cereal - Weetabix, Oatibix, some raw fruit, and some natural muesli WITH soya milk. I absolutely love the taste of soya milk but when I came home, I went on internet to search abit more about this whole soya thing and found it is true! I'm not going to take it anymore and now I don't know what milk should I take..great! You really cannot trust anyone. Everything is done only for one aim, business!

In our country many nutritionists say how local milk is safe and healthy. However you cannot be 100% sure right? BUT I also found out that skimmed milk has something I don't really like -Titanium dioxide is often used to whiten skimmed milk - is that good for you?? I don't know but titanium dioxide is also found in shampoos and many 'beauty products' and stuff.

Rice milk has a lot of carbohydrates and when compared to skimmed milk, it is much more fatting and has more saturated fats than skimmed milk. Then there's the Almond milk..I never tried this but I might do it myself beause it's healthy and very naturl especially if I do it myself plus it's very easy to do this. The thing is that any nuts are healthy but they are also fattening if you take alot sooo to take with cereal everyday hmmm I do not really like that either.

So till now what I decided to do is change constantly like not always use the same..for example today I use skimmed milk, tomorrow almond milk etc... But STILL i dont know which is best milk is the best for your health.

So this is a list of what SOYA can cause and the dangers of soya milk:


  • Soy milk is high in phytic acids which results in low absorption of certain minerals and vitamins.
  • The level of phytoestrogen is high in soy milk, which decreases the testesterone present in the male body. It also affects the production of sperms. Phytoestrogen also leads to early puberty and early developments of adolescents. These are a few of the soy milk dangers for men.
  • In females, soy milk can lead to abnormalities in the reproductive tract, which can give rise to infertility. These soy milk dangers for women should be taken care of, else, they can become intense.
  • Isoflavones present in soy milk causes diseases like leukemia and breast cancer.
  • It can also cause thyroid disorders like hypothyroidism and thyroid cancer. People who consume soy milk very often can suffer from autoimmune thyroid disease.
  • The presence of toxic aluminum in soy milk can also affect the nervous system and the kidneys in a negative way.
  • Soy milk can also contribute to endometrial cancer in females.
  • In some cases, it is also causes dizziness, diarrhea, nausea, colitis and may increase or decrease the pulse rate.
  • Very often, soy milk causes runny nose and nasal congestion.
  • Some of the soy milk dangers for children are learning disorders, attention deficit disorder, dyslexia, etc. It can also cause pancreatic and growth related problems.
  • At times, the amount of manganese present in soy milk is large enough to cause damage to the cortex.
  • This can also develop allergies like congestion, coughing, sneezing, etc. in some people.
  • It also contributes to skin problems like sudden and severe eczema, acne, blisters, canker sores, swelling and hives.
  • In severe cases, it can also cause a problem in swallowing and can also cause anaphylactic shock.
  • Soy milk can also affect the energy levels and sleep.
  • Wheezing, fatigue and fever are the other symptoms observed as a reaction to soy milk.
  • The protein enzyme inhibitors present in soy milk, block the action of trypsin and enzymes which are required for protein digestion.
  • In some cases, it can give rise to chronic pain. Mostly, people suffering from asthma are prone to this kind of disorders.
  • If soy milk is consumed in large amounts, it can lead to stomach problems.
  • The soy milk estrogen is harmful for babies.

Check out this video yourself here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ_dYgWQw-c



So it's very important to stick to natural foods as possible and think well before you eat, always! Where would you think that food came from?

I have not studied nutrition or anything, this video explains stuff way much better than I would haha :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4shudantHtA

When it comes to beauty products I mean, even make up, they are also filled with chemicals.. ok, let me go get a foundation... So in front of me I have the MaxFactor Lasting Performance foundation. I've been using it for quite a long time now probably a month or month and a half. As a foundation it's really good and lasts a long time and I manage to get quite good coverage for my skin. However if you see the ingredients on it, they're not that attractive:

Titanium Dioxide (again!), propylene glycol, talc, Laureth-7, propylparaben and sooo many others! If you do some research on all these chemicals, I can assure you, you won't see any positive things written about them.

Let's just take Propylene Glycol which is soo commonly found in many products. This is the truth about this ingredient:

"The Material Safety Data Sheet warns users to avoid skin contact with propylene glycol as this strong skin irritant can cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage." ---niiiiceeee :/


Propylene glycol is Commonly found in:

  • makeup
  • shampoo
  • deodorant
  • detangler
  • styling mousse
  • cleansing cream
  • mascara
  • soap
  • skin cream
  • bubble bath
  • baby powder
  • conditioner
  • toner
  • after shave
  • baby wipes

...So the best choice would be mineral make up.

As conclusion, we should be very aware of every single product that we buy and make sure we check the ingredients. Always try and opt for natural, organic stuff with the least ingredients and least complicated scientific words. It's not easy at all but it should be worth it :)

Stay au naturel!

Update:
Next I have Monday, Thursday and Friday, meetings and training with Herbalife then the rest going to the beach with some friends (for the last time this summer.. noooo) and also studying and reading loads of stuff that we do during the 3 meetings with Herbalife. Then after these 3 meetings I should start my work, finally :)

Anywayy thats all for now.. au revoir! x

















I LOVE this look for winter! It's very easy and looks comfortable! :) Check out her lookbook profile here: http://lookbook.nu/look/1020896-ALL-THE-CRAZY-THINGS-WE-DID-TOGETHER








No comments: